Asset Management Officer - Leasehold/Swyddog Rheoli Asedau
37 hours per week
£34,388 - £38,305 per annum (Band H)
Wednesday, 16th February 2022
About the Opportunity
The Property Services team at WWH is primarily focused with delivering front line services to our residents; working alongside the Housing and Development departments as well as Cambria Maintenance Services, the subsidiary company that delivers our repairs and maintenance to our properties. The Property Services department is made up of around ninety members of staff across our sites in Wales.
The principal aim of our team is to make sound asset investment judgements to help enable our residents sustain their tenancies across the region. The role is field based, working in our South Wales region, with an office base in Llanishen. Our residents are at the heart of what we do, and we engage with them as much as possible to find out what matters to them, so we can continually shape and deliver the best possible service.
What will you be doing?
The role of Asset Management Officer - Leasehold will be responsible for managing properties in South Wales. There is no ‘typical day’ in our work, as every day is different and varied, but we expect your daily duties to include:
- Undertaking fire risk assessments, scheme audits and identifying risk for the business
- Engaging with residents and colleagues from the housing team around site, solving the right problems and resolving property related issues
- Surveying our stock and making decisions about reactive work
- Surveying our stock for long term planned work programmes
- Working alongside the regional contract manager to deliver major works
- Managing the delivery of site services – grounds maintenance, cleaning etc.
Who are we looking for?
For your application to be successful, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience of property management, building knowledge and common property defects and remedies.
- Relevant construction based qualification and or trades background
- Demonstrable experience and ability in customer care and dealing with people.
- Be outcome focused, responsible and resourceful and able to solve problems.
- Be able to work on own initiative and make necessary decisions.
- Possess excellent letter and report writing skills.
- Have proven team-working skills.
- Be able to undertake property surveys.
- Possess a valid driving licence and possess your own vehicle for use in work.
- Have a sound understanding of the CDM regulations, up to and including the amendments in April 2015.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the requirements of WHQS (Welsh Housing Quality Standard) and an awareness of DQR in relation to new build works.
For more information about the role please see the role profile on page 16 of the recruitment pack.
Are we right for you?
Our recruitment process is equally about you seeing if you fit with us, so we encourage you to have an informal conversation about the role before applying. Please feel free to contact Emma Stewart, Leasehold Manager Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying is easy, just complete our online application form by clicking the blue button below and telling us why you suit the role. Remember to demonstrate how you meet each criteria and give good examples of how you have demonstrated these in the past. CVs are not currently being accepted for this role.
Applications are being accepted via our online application process only, unless a disability makes this more difficult. If this is the case or you require any more information about the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department on 07970675480.
Closing date: Friday, 4th February 2022 at 17.00
Assessment date: Wednesday, 16th February 2022