HR Assistant/Cynorthwyydd AD
An exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a real difference to the lives of staff and communities across Wales. Playing a vital role in a professional HR team, you will support the business and its staff throughout a Group of Wales’ top not-for-profit organisations.
Who we are looking for?
To succeed in this role, you will have a genuine passion and interest in what we do as an organisation and in the HR profession. You will deliver a valuable contribution to our Group and will lead by example with positive behaviours and a flexible attitude at all times.
To help us deliver an excellent HR service to the Group you must have a proven track record and be able to consistently deliver the following:
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a curious and inquisitive attitude – able to meet high expectations and standards and to ensure our data is reliable and that our processes are delivered consistently
- Strong communication skills – a friendly professional attitude and a warm welcome that allows you to confidently support staff at all levels and build effective relationships quickly, as well as maintaining high standards and flexibility in your written communications, including an excellent telephone manner
- A genuine customer focus – fuelled by a natural curiosity for what matters to those we support and the demands of the department, you will have a non-judgmental approach to seeing and solving the right problems, enabling you to respectfully challenge and improve our existing ways of working creatively
- An efficient and effective style of working – an ability to carry out tasks in the most logical and organised way
- Self-awareness and empathy – consciously know and understand your own character, feelings and skills, and have the ability to understand and share the feelings of another
- Robust ICT capabilities - the role requires the confident use of the main Microsoft Office programmes and HR systems (Cascade HR and HireServe ATS) and DocuSign
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills - work across a wide variety of disciplines and able to understand the right approach to prioritising your workload, managing the expectations of others and being accountable to the demands of the wider team
- Consistent delivery and performance in a high volume environment
- Ability to work in a calm and composed manner
- Experience of working in an HR environment - its transactional processes and the wider function along with an understanding of HR, Right to Work and DBS processes with a desire to learn, develop and keep up to date is essential.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work, commitment and creativity, you will enjoy an environment focused on more than just competitive pay. You’ll enjoy:
- A permanent contract with job security
- Flexibility and time to live your life with up to 30 days annual leave and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days (pro rata), flexible working and time off for volunteering, health screening and more
- Adverse and enriching career with opportunities to develop and grow, with regular feedback, training and a supportive manager and team
- Security in the event you are unable to work due to sickness with a generous sick pay scheme, critical illness cover, support through an employee assistance and counselling service and a cash plan benefit
- A choice of pension, including a defined benefit scheme
- And lots more
What you will be doing?
You will support all three companies that make up the WWH Group in the following principle areas:
- Deliver timely customer-focused HR processes across an employee’s lifecycle with the organisation, including starters, contractual and system changes, family friendly processes, leavers, etc. ensuring appropriate documentation is captured and recorded accurately
- Support the HR Department with the accurate maintenance of HR systems and effectively manage employee records
- Ensure activities are compliant with employment law and company policy/procedure.
- Assist and support with relevant HR projects and ad hoc tasks
- Review and resolve general HR enquiries, escalating to others where relevant, to deliver a timely and supportive service.
Where is the role based?
This role is usually based from our South Wales Office in Cardiff, however, we are currently working from home. It is expected that a hybrid return to the office will happen at the appropriate time. Some travel is necessary to support HR activities face to face when COVID allows and you will support activities across the whole of Wales virtually.
Who are Wales & West Housing (WWH)?
- A large, well established employer – over 790 employees across the WWH Group, which includes our two group companies (Cambria Maintenance Services and Castell Ventures)
- Multi-award winning – ranked the top Welsh not-for-profit organisation in the 2020 Sunday Times Best Companies awards, fifth in the UK, and Investors In People Platinum - the first in Wales
WWH are one of the leading social housing providers in Wales, find out more about us in the recruitment pack and on our website.
Are we right for you?
We understand that moving jobs is a big decision and we want to help you to see if we are the right fit for you. To help this we are hosting two virtual ‘open day’ style sessions to give you an opportunity to learn more about the role and ask any questions that you may have. These sessions will be hosted on Microsoft Teams:
Days & Times:
- Tuesday, 15th June 2021 at 4.30pm
- Wednesday, 16th June 2021 at 1pm
To book onto one of the above sessions, please email HR.Recruitment@wwha.co.uk who will secure your place.
Alternatively, if you are unable to attend any of the above sessions and would like to have a conversation about this role, please call Emily Dukes, HR Officer (Operations) on 07866 156954.
Further information is available in our recruitment pack attached.
Just click the blue button below and tell us why you suit the role and what you can bring to our organisation. Remember to demonstrate how you meet the criteria and give good examples of how you have demonstrated these in the past, especially in an HR environment.
Closing date: Sunday, 20th June 2021 at 23.59
Assessment date: Thursday, 24th June 2021