ICT Development Manager/Rheolwr Datblygu TGCh
About the Opportunity
We are looking to recruit an IT Development Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a real difference to the lives of residents and communities across Wales. As our IT Development Manager, you will be working to build and expand the IT development and application software support capacity of the IT Department.
What will you be doing?
The key areas of responsibility within this role are:
- To manage all WWH Internal Software Development resources.
- Design and create development solutions for more complex functional requirements.
- Design and deliver appropriate Unit Testing for all outputs.
- Provide efficient and effective support for relevant software applications.
- To manage relevant technical aspects of support contracts with external suppliers.
- Assist the Delivery Manager with third party development suppliers as required.
- Ensure developed solutions are delivered on time and to quality standards.
- Work with the Delivery Manager to ensure developments match technical specifications.
- Provide advice and assistant in developing technical solutions for WWH.
- Work with the Testing Team Leader to ensure error free code.
- Mentor Development resources.
Who are we looking for?
You will require experience of leading and building a development team, in addition it is essential that you have: -
- Experience of customisations in MS Dynamics CRM
- Experience of Microsoft Modern Workplace Applications (particularly Power Automate, SharePoint and Azure)
- Experience of Azure Dataverse
- Experience of designing and implementing technical specifications.
- Experience of configuring APIs
- Experience of Azure DevOps (or similar software management tools)
- Experience of mentoring and coaching individuals
- Effective team worker
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and differentiate communication to different audiences
- Ability to deal with challenging situations with tact and diplomacy
- Able to undertake work outside office hours
- Able to travel to work in other locations within the UK
- Skills and experience to undertake the role and accountabilities as set out above and behaviours which demonstrate the WWH values.
Who are Wales & West Housing (WWH)?
We are one of the leading housing providers in Wales; providing affordable homes and services to more than 20,000 residents in over 12,000 properties across Wales. We formed a group company in 2011, to include Cambria Maintenance Ltd and Castell Ventures Ltd. We employ almost 450 staff at WWH and over 350 staff in the other companies within our Group, making us a major Welsh employer. As an organisation we adopt a systems thinking approach to the way we manage and deliver our services across the Group; it underpins the way in which we operate.
We are also ranked as 3* World Class in the 2022 Best Companies list and ranked 5th best company in Wales to work for. We are also very proud to be the first organisation in Wales to be awarded Platinum status in the Investors in People (IiP) Standard.
We are embracing a new hybrid way of working that enables us to deliver a great service and supports a strong and connected organisational culture. Staff will spend a minimum of two days a week (or an appropriate pro rata for part timers), in the office. The remainder of the week will be determined by the needs of the role and/or the nature of the work; so you may be on site, at one of our regional bases, or working from home if suitable.
Are we right for you?
Our recruitment process is equally about you seeing if you fit with us, so we encourage you to have an informal conversation about the role before applying. Please feel free to contact Richard Troote, Director of ICT on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to discuss this.
Applying is easy, just click the blue button below and tell us why you suit the role and what you can bring to our organisation. Remember to demonstrate how you meet the criteria and give good examples of how you have demonstrated these in the past.
Applications are being accepted via our online application process only, or via selected recruitment agency partners, unless a disability makes this more difficult. If this is the case please contact the Human Resources Team, on 07970675480.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 28th August 2022
Assessment date: Tuesday, 13th September 2022