Support Worker / Gweithiwr Cefnogi (Auriol Project)
We are holding an assessment day on 18th August 2022 from 10am to 3pm in Aberystwyth. Contact us for more details!
£10.50 per hour
£20,475 per annum pro rata
£11.76 Overtime rate
We are looking for highly motivated and compassionate Support Workers for our service in Ceredigion.
The Auriol Service provides housing related support service to Ex-offenders, who are in need, living in any tenure in Ceredigion. The aim is to assist and support individuals to live as independently as possible in the home of their choice. We provide guidance and support with employment and volunteer, benefits, financial matters, housing issues, accessing other statutory and voluntary services and help with integrating into their local community etc.
The Auriol Service is funded by ‘Housing Support Grant’ and this is the governance of support provided. It will fall under eleven categories in HSG and ‘outcomes’ to be put in place.
BASIC SERVICE DELIVERY INFORMATION:
- To deliver a housing related support service in line with the Housing Support Grant guidelines and to include:
- To undertake an assessment of needs and risk of service users referred, obtaining additional information as necessary;
- To provide regular support sessions to service users to review progress and relevance of risk assessment and support plans and update accordingly;
- Ensure that all support plans are person centred;
- To support the service user’s personal development, encouraging and assisting them when necessary to participate in community activities whereby developing their community links;
- To support service users to access information and advice in order that they are able to make informed choices in matters that affect them;
- To create opportunities to develop service users skills, goals and aspirations;
- To keep timely and accurate notes of all support provided and update relevant software packages as required;
- To ensure that all relevant information is shared with colleagues within the Team and external agencies as appropriate.
- To create and maintain working relationships with relevant external agencies and assisting the line manager to further publicise the service in creating referrals to include joint working methods;
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct and ensure professional boundary issues are clear;
- Ensure relevant statistical information are reported accurately for the purpose of internal and external audits;
- To bring to the attention of the line manager any situation which cannot be adequately supported or managed;
- Always involve the line manager where there are issues of protection of a vulnerable adult.
We are holding an assessment day on 18th August 2022 from 10am to 3pm in Aberystwyth. If you are not available on that date / time please contact email@example.com
What you’ll need to succeed
To get the best from the individuals we support, we need care & support workers who are:
- approachable and caring
- positive, pleasant and respectful
- encouraging, engaging and motivational
- committed to providing outstanding care and support to help people achieve their ambitions
You will be provided with an in-depth induction, with a mixture of face to face and online learning, to make sure you are fully prepared before joining the team.
Further information about the job can be found in the Role Profile attached.
For more information on the role please contact Martina Melbourne on 07970675480.
What you’ll get in return
- Pay rate of £10.50 per hour
- Overtime opportunities
- Overtime pay rate of £11.76 per hour
- Enhanced Sick pay *
- Annual leave of 29 days (pro rata including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy more annual leave
- Bank Holiday overtime pay rate of time and a half
- Permanent or casual contracts with guaranteed hours 16 – 37.5 hours per week
- Pension scheme
- Financial support towards dental, optical & medical treatments
- 24/7 Counselling support
- Full training before you start your job
- Flexible working, full time and part time contracts available
- Critical illness insurance*
- Mobile phone for work
- Chance to take part in company events
*after a qualifying period of employment, and successfully passing probation
Closing date: Monday, 15th August 2022 at 5pm
Assessment date: Thursday, 18th August 2022
Start date: 5th September 2022